Understanding PET Scans Cost, Uses, and Providers Near You
How Much Does a PET Scan Cost?
– The cost of a PET scan on MDsave can range from $1,120 to $4,146. Individuals with high deductible health plans or without insurance can save money by purchasing the procedure upfront through MDsave.
What is a Pet Scan?
– A PET scan, which stands for Positron Emission Tomography, is a medical imaging exam that reveals how tissues and organs function. It involves the use of a small amount of radioactive material, the specifics of which depend on the tissue or organ being examined.
Why is it Used?
– PET scans are preferred over other imaging methods like MRI and CT scans because they show the functioning of tissues and organs rather than just their structures. Physicians may recommend PET scans for various purposes, including brain, breast, heart, and lung scans.
What Conditions Does it Treat?
– PET scans can provide valuable information about the shape, size, position, and function of vital organs in the body. They are used to diagnose brain disorders and cancers, heart problems, cancer staging, and to assess the blood flow in certain areas of the body during treatment.
Where Can I Find PET Scan Providers Near Me?
– You can find PET scan providers near you by visiting MDsave’s website, where you can search for board-certified providers, compare prices, and purchase the procedure online. This allows you to save money and access PET scans conveniently.
You can find the full post here