Peter Pan & Wendy (2023) Filming Locations, Cast, and Production Details
1. Where was “Peter Pan & Wendy” (2023) filmed?
– “Peter Pan & Wendy” (2023) was filmed at several locations, including Eiði in the Faroe Islands and other places in Vancouver, British Columbia.
2. When did the filming of “Peter Pan & Wendy” (2023) take place?
– The initial filming was scheduled to start in April 2020 but was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It eventually began on March 16, 2021, with additional scenes shot in August 2021 and reshoots carried out in February 2022.
3. Who are the main cast members of “Peter Pan & Wendy” (2023)?
– The main cast includes Alexander Molony as Peter Pan, Ever Anderson as Wendy Darling, and Jude Law as Captain Hook, along with several other actors in supporting roles.
4. What is the plot of “Peter Pan & Wendy” (2023)?
– “Peter Pan & Wendy” follows the story of Wendy Darling, who meets Peter Pan and embarks on an adventure to the magical world of Neverland, encountering characters like Captain Hook along the way.
5. Who directed “Peter Pan & Wendy” (2023) and who are some of the key crew members?
– The film was directed by David Lowery, and key crew members include Debra Zane (Casting), Bojan Bazelli (Director of Photography), and Jim Whitaker (Producer), among others.
You can find the full post here
Behind the Scenes of ‘Peter and Wendy’ (2015) A Cinematographer’s Perspective
1. What attracted the Director of Photography, Tony Miller BSC, to the project “Peter and Wendy” (2015)?
– Tony Miller was attracted to the project due to his lifelong love for the Peter Pan story and the opportunity to work on a film set in Great Ormond Street Hospital, which had personal relevance for him as his daughter was being treated for epilepsy there at the time.
2. How did Tony Miller approach the visual aspects of the film given the limited budget?
– Tony Miller, along with the director and production designer, crafted a visually expressive world that existed in the mind of the child character. They aimed to shoot as much as possible as live action without relying heavily on CGI, taking inspiration from films like the Brothers Quay’s surreal imagery and Peter Weir’s “Master and Commander” for pirate ship sequences.
3. What equipment and lenses were used in shooting “Peter and Wendy” (2015) and why?
– The film was shot on two Alexa Plus cameras with a 1.85:1 aspect ratio. For lenses, Tony Miller chose Cooke S4i’s for hospital scenes and real-life sequences and Super Baltar vintage lenses for the expressionist pirate and imaginary world. This lens choice helped create a distinction between the modern and period settings.
4. How were the underwater sequences in the film managed?
– The underwater sequences were shot in the Warner Brothers Tank at Leavsden Studios. Tony Miller brought in an underwater operator, Tim Wooster, to handle shooting underwater scenes, especially those involving children. These underwater scenes symbolized the children’s freedom from illness and acted as a link between different parts of the story.
5. How did Tony Miller find working with children during the production of “Peter and Wendy” (2015)?
– Tony Miller had a positive experience working with the child actors in the film. The production team embraced the parents of the child actors and created a close-knit company. Despite the challenges of shooting in various locations, including underwater and in a forest, the children were highly professional, making the shoot enjoyable.
You can find the full post here