Behind the Scenes A’s Media Week Highlights and Exclusive Events
1. What is A’s Media Week and what does it involve?
– A’s Media Week is a series of events that take place in the lead-up to the baseball season. It involves fulfilling requests for players and coaches before the games start, including various activities such as photo shoots and interviews.
2. What is the Pet Calendar shoot, and who participates in it?
– The Pet Calendar shoot is a popular event where players and coaches from the Oakland Athletics, along with their dogs, participate in a photo shoot. This shoot is for a giveaway scheduled for April 29 and is presented by Central Garden & Pet. Some players bring their own dogs, and others are provided with dogs for the shoot.
3. Where are the player features shot, and what is the unique aspect of these shoots?
– The player features are shot inside the visiting clubhouse at Hohokam Stadium. These shoots typically start early in the morning at around 7 a.m. Players are asked intriguing questions on camera, often right after waking up, which can lead to candid and entertaining responses. These features are displayed on the O.co Coliseum scoreboards.
4. What is the purpose of the MLBPA Head Scans, and how are they conducted?
– The MLBPA Head Scans are conducted each year to create player models for the MLB The Show video game series. The scans are mainly for players who weren’t on the 40-man rosters the previous year or have significantly changed their appearance. The process involves shooting players with 41 cameras simultaneously, capturing different angles of their heads.
5. What is the Photo Day event, and why does it start early in the morning?
– Photo Day is a two-hour photo shoot involving all 62 players and coaches in the camp. It begins at 7 a.m. sharp because the team’s workouts start at 9 a.m. The shoot covers various media needs, including video for CSN California, trading cards for Topps, and other content. Some of the stations for this shoot are set up in the visiting clubhouse, which can get quite crowded.
You can find the full post here